SEEK and DEVELOP multiple generations of DISCIPLES to obey, love, share, serve and celebrate God together within our local and global communities.
We are a part of the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches and present the following statements and Scriptural basis for these statements as basic truths taught in the Bible which are common to our Christian faith and practice:
1. The Bible: the Word of God, the sixty-six Books of the Old and New Testaments, verbally inspired in all parts, and therefore wholly without error as originally given of God.
2. The One True God: existing eternally as three persons—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. The Lord Jesus Christ: His pre-existence and deity, incarnation by virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven and present ministry, and coming again.
4. The Holy Spirit: His personality; and deity; and His work in each believer: baptism and indwelling at the moment of regeneration; and filling.
5. Man: his direct creation in the image of God, his subsequent fall into sin resulting in spiritual death, and the necessity of the new birth for his salvation.
6. Salvation: a complete and eternal salvation by God's grace alone, received as the gift of God through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work.
7. The Church: one true Church, the body and bride of Christ, composed of all true believers of the present age; and the organization of its members in local churches for worship, for edification of believers, and for world-wide gospel witness, each local church being autonomous but cooperating in fellowship and work.
8. Christian Life: a life of righteousness, good works, and separation unto God from the evil ways of the world, manifested by speaking the truth, maintaining the sanctity of the home, settling differences between Christians in accordance with the Word of God, not engaging in carnal strife but showing a Christ-like attitude toward all men, exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit, and maintaining a life of prayer, including the privilege, when sick, of calling for the elders of the church to pray and to anoint with oil in the name of the Lord.
9. Ordinances: the Christian should observe the ordinances of our Lord Jesus Christ, are (1) baptism of believers by triune immersion and (2) the threefold communion service, consisting of the washing of the saints' feet, the Lord's Supper, and the communion of the bread and the cup.
10. Satan: exists and has personality as the great adversary of God and His people, his judgment, and final doom.
11. Second Coming: the personal, visible, and imminent return of Christ to remove His Church from the earth before the tribulation, and afterward to descend with the Church to establish His millennial kingdom upon the earth.
12. Future Life: the conscious existence of the dead, the resurrection of the body, the judgment and reward of believers, the judgement and condemnation of unbelievers, the eternal life of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
Click here to download a complete PDF of Our Beliefs with Biblical references.
This is a globally approved document by the Charis Fellowship (formerly Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches) and The Charis Alliance.
We declare that Jesus Christ, the incarnate Word of God, as revealed in the Bible, the written Word of God, is the only Savior and Lord.
This reality, the Word of God both incarnate and written, forms the center of our shared experience of true biblical unity. Therefore, we identify with all who share this common center in Jesus Christ and the Bible.
The Evangelical Core
We, believers in The Lord Jesus Christ associating as the movement of Charis International, have historically shared our commitment to these core truths of the Bible with other genuine believers in Jesus.
We seek to understand the Bible according to its own intent, as it was written, therefore we acknowledge that this declaration does not claim to have any particular authority distinct from the Holy Scriptures, which remain the unique and ultimate reference.
We therefore declare our commitment to these core biblical truths:
For more information about this document, click on this link.